Marcus Anthony Construction is a Connecticut roofing specialist serving West Hartford and surrounding towns. We are a fully licensed, insured and bonded roofing contractor with over 10 years experience in the roofing industry. We offer services in all phases of roof repair, installation and new roof construction. We are a GAF and CertainTeed certified Master Shingle Installer, Weatherbond certified, and recognized by Connecticut OSHA as being one of the safest and most reliable roofing contractors in the industry.
Marcus Anthony Construction is a roofing specialist. Beware of "do it all" contractors as they usually don't specialize in one particular area. That means they may not recognize problems with your roof or attic ventilation or they may not know how to fix the problem accordingly and bring it up to CT building code standards. An improperly installed or leaking roof can reek havoc on your home's structure and frame, rot drywall and even create hazardous mold and mildew growth. These problems can result in unsafe living conditions and costly repairs. A new roof will increase the "life" of your home or commercial building, increase it's value and be aesthetically pleasing.
With so many products on the market, it is hard to decide what is best for your roofing project. We use only the best products, straight from the manufacturer. We are certified installers of their product, which means we are authorized to offer their warranty to our customers. Aside from the manufacturer's warranty, all labor is guaranteed for life!
Here is a list of our most commonly used products:
IB PVC (polyvinyl chloride):
- Longest track record of any thermoplastic membrane, with the first PVC-based system installed in the early 1960's in Europe
- Can be made in a spectrum of colors including solar reflective white. This feature allows for multiple-color roofs or the application of rooftop logos
- High resistance to to impact and punctures
- Excellent resistance to flames, heat and subsequent fire propagation
- Durability against rooftop soiling and contamination
- Good high-temperature tolerance and low-temperature flexibility
- Heat welded
- Lifetime residential and 25 year commercial warranty through IB manufacturer
In addition to fire and heat resistance, vinyl membranes such as PVC, also meet or exceed other industry performances standards that involve puncture resistance, water leaks, resistance to elements such as hail and wind-uplifting and so on.
EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) aka "Rubber Roof":
- Mechanically fastened and fully adhered system
- One of the most common types of low-slope roofing materials
- Variety of thickness ranging from 0.030"-0.100". Most common thicknesses being 0.045" and 0.060"
- Three standard application procedures: (1) Mechanically-fastened (2) Loose-laid (3) fully-adhered * For further information regarding these methods, click on the EPDM link in our navigation bar at the top of this page.
- Properly installed, it can last up to 25 years. The rubber membrane doesn't fail, however material seams and seams around flashings and other roof protrusions (ie:skylights, chimneys, transitions) can wear over time, especially if not installed according to manufacturers specifications
- Available in cured (vulcanized) and uncured (non-vulcanized)
- Marcus Anthony Construction is certified Master Shingle Applicator for CertainTeed. This means we met all company requirements and passed their on- site exams. Also, it allows us to offer our customers their manufacturer's warranty on all the products we use.
- Shingle is the most popular type of residential roof material
- Come in a variety of colors and styles
- Durable (The CertainTeed shingle we use has a Class-4 #UL2218 Impact Resistance Rating)
- Copper granules in the shingle prevents algae growth (10 year warranty)
- Resists decay
- Resists termites
- Relatively quick to install, saving time on labor
- 30-50 year available warranty on labor and material
We offer a wide range of roofing services in West Hartford, Ct including roof repair, installation and complete new roof construction. We also construct rooftop decks!
Our professional and courteous contractor and crew take pride in our company ethics and craftsmanship. We believe that your home is your castle, and all aspects of what we do revolve around respecting not only the structure but also your landscape and property. Call today to speak with our professional roofing contractor and schedule your free in-home consultation today! (860) 942-3555